Pre-Order Now. Released August 2017
There are so many different elements that go into forming an online platform, but there are many traps that writers are unaware of. Are your social media posts just links with a few disjointed words, making you look like someone who can’t complete a sentence? Were you hit with charges you never expected when you created that website? Are you leaking your personal contact details across the web without even knowing it?
Learn about many of the hidden traps of building an online writer’s platform, and how to avoid them. At the end of the day, it’s about protecting yourself and your reputation.
This book aims to provide you with a clear picture of some of the important issues of working with an online platform. In truth, all I can do is share with you my own personal experiences and what I’ve learned along the way, allowing you to learn from my mistakes.
This book is NOT a book on how to market your writing, nor the mechanics behind building a writer’s platform. This book aims to highlight a few of the hidden traps that writers can unknowingly fall into that could put your physical or internet security at risk, could cost you more than what you first anticipated, or be harmful to your reputation as a writer.
(from Hidden Traps by Judy L Mohr)
Pre-order now! Released August 2017.
Get a sneak peak of some of the chapters in this book on the blog on Black Wolf Editorial Services.
In this book:
- Part One: Getting Started
- 1. What is a Platform?
- 2. The Forgotten Email
- 3. Email Lists or Not
- 4. Dreaded Profile Photos
- Part Two: The Must-Have Website
- 5. Website: Yes, You Can!
- 6. Free Options are Good Options
- 7. Self-Hosting: Should I?
- 8. Domain Names are Not All Equal
- 9. The Lowdown on Web Design
- 10. S E Oh!
- Part Three: The Mountain of Blog
- 11. To Blog or Not to Blog?
- 12. Blog a Day… Oh, Who Am I Kidding?
- 13. Guest Blogging
- 14. Spreading the Word About Your Blog
- Part Four: The Beast Known as Social Media
- 15. The Myth Behind Social Media Marketing
- 16. Navigating the Maze
- 17. Security Nightmares
- 18. Facebook with an ‘F’
- 19. Twitter Bird
- 20. Post, Share, and Guilt
- Part Five: The Hidden Others for Writers
- 21. Selling, Reviewing, and the Rest
- Part Six: Final Words of Wisdom
- 22. Remember to Breathe
- Supplementary Materials
- Other Resources for Writers
- A. Plugins for WordPress.Org
- B. Twitter Hashtags for Writers
- About the Author